EIFL and Open Book Publishers (OBP) have signed an agreement which will provide libraries that are members of library consortia in EIFL partner countries with free membership of the OPB Library Membership Programme for three years.
OPB is a non-profit open access book publisher established by academics at the University of Cambridge to publish rigorously peer-reviewed monographs in the Humanities and Social Sciences.
The agreement runs until 31st December 2020 and is open to library consortia in all EIFL partner countries.
Benefits of the OPB Membership Programme include:
- Unlimited free downloads of all published digital editions of OBP titles in PDF, ePub or mobi formats when accessing content through www.openbookpublishers.com website;
- Discounts on printed editions of OPB titles purchased by libraries, university staff and students;
- Discounts on set-up costs for the creation of course packs and other types of customised editions created by mixing and matching content from OBP publications;
- Permission for libraries to upload any digital edition of an OBP title to the library’s repository or ebook collection, and to keep it permanently;
- Access to downloadable MARC (machine readable cataloguing) records to integrate e-books into the library catalogue and make them more accessible.